Thursday, October 26, 2006

The Reader's Response...

First off, I want to thank Valerie for her insight on Dead Man. Though it was only her last little group of sentences that made total sense for me. I am a simple minded person, and many things do not register in my head the way that they would some one else's. Valerie mentioned that it is what you bring to the table, what influences you, has a great deal to do with how you would view a film such as dead man. This is also called a Reader-Response Critique.

In my English 300 class I am beginning to leard about Reader-Response. I have come to the conclusion that English 219 should be based on RR. There is so much going on in every piece of literature we as a class view or read, but we are ALL going to have DIFFERENT oppinions on it. By her saying this, I was able to be at peace with the fact that I am not going to see the movie like any of my other classmates and that is OKAY.....

Other topics brought up in class:

The Invisible Man.....learning the ambiguity or language. The Invisible Man does not have an identity, resluting in the fact that he must create one. I think that we are all 'invisible' then, because aren't we all searching for an identity????

Picoresque is when we follow an adventurer through long and crazy journeys.

Verbal Battles! I have these all the time....in fact, my roommate and her boyfriend got into one last night, and boy was in entertaining! Look on page 238 in the Invisible Man to get the real idea of a verbal battle.

**Everything is connected and we are all living as something that has come before us, and we know this unconsciously!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home