Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Cleansing....


On October 19th, after class I believe that I had my epiphany. First off, I think that this might just happen to every person in this class. Mine came while I was at dance practice. We were practicing our first halftime routine when my coach came up to me and told me that I needed to do this one motion a little bigger, with more emphasis on my left hip. I said okay, and really paid no attention to her because I thought she was wrong. Like most twenty year olds, I figured that I was doing it right and she was just being nit-picky. We practiced it again and she told me the SAME thing, and I told her that I WAS doing that motion.

She looked at me and said, "Kim, will you just try to see things my way? Just TRY to do what I am asking..."

There is when it hit me. It being my epiphany. My epiphany was that in this thing called life there is a way to get back to the beginning.....or the RIGHT way. As soon as my coach said this I did the dance like she wanted to and then she looked at me and expected a response. THe only thing that I said to her was, "It clicked. This dance and my American Lit class just clicked for me."

I realized then and there that we have to cleanse the way we see so that we see the origin to be original. By accepting the fact that we as people need to see things in a new light, then we can see infinate possibilities. We can also get to the bare meaning of something so simple as an idea of a poem....or even a simple dance step. I stepped out of my relm and danced with a new passion. That night I read "Invissable Man" with a new light, and allowed myself to see through the words on the text. By cleansing my thoughts, I am now beginning to see everything the way it should be seen and not just through my eyes, but through the eyes or my coach, or Wallace Stevens, or even Dr. Sexon. I now understand....my whole view on life has changed thanks to ENG 219, my professor, and my dance coach......

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home